First let us look at what Tankless Water Heaters are:
Also known as demand-type or instantaneous water heaters because they provide hot water only as it is needed. Tankless Water Heaters do not produce the standby energy losses associated with storage water heaters, which can save you money.
Next let us look at how Tankless Water Heaters work:
Tankless water heaters do not use storage tanks, so they heat the water directly as it flows. When a hot water tap is turned on, cold water travels through a pipe into the unit. Either an electric element or gas burner heats the water. As a result, tankless water heaters deliver a constant supply of hot water. You do not need to wait for a storage tank to fill up with enough hot water.
Advantages & Disadvantages:
- For homes that use 41 gallons or less of hot water daily, demand water heaters can be 24%–34% more energy efficient than conventional storage tank water heaters.
- They can be 8%–14% more energy efficient for homes that use a lot of hot water — around 86 gallons per day.
- You can achieve even greater energy savings of 27%–50% if you install a demand water heater at each hot water outlet.
- The initial cost of a tankless water heater is greater than that of a conventional storage water heater, but tankless water heaters will typically last longer and have lower operating and energy costs, which could offset its higher purchase price.
- Most tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of more than 20 years.
- Easily replaceable parts that extend their life by many more years. (Storage water heaters last 10-15 years in contrast).
- Tankless water heaters can avoid the standby heat losses associated with storage water heaters (traditional water heaters).
- However, although gas-fired tankless water heaters tend to have higher flow rates than electric ones, they can waste energy if they have a constantly burning pilot light. (This can sometimes offset the elimination of standby energy losses when compared to a storage water heater).
Let us here at A-1 install a new tankless water heater for you today.
Call us to schedule an appointment:
A-1 Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Services