Garbage Disposal Repair Jacksonville, FL
Since 1970, we have provided the Jacksonville, FL area with the highest quality bathroom plumbing services. Using the best products and highly trained technicians, we offer a top notch service with a smile. Contact A-1 Plumbing today.
Specializing in Garbage Disposal Repair
Garbage disposals, if maintained properly, can last up to about 15 years! But with all that wear and tear from daily use, things are bound to get clogged or jammed up and you will need a garbage disposal repair or replacement service.
If you start to notice slow draining or unusual grinding sounds, it might be time to call A-1 Plumbing to come check things out and repair your garbage disposal. We offer free estimates on all of our services and strive to be your favorite plumbers in Jacksonville.
Types Of Garbage Disposals We Repair
- Continuous Feed– These are the most popular. Food is placed into the disposal, using a switch to turn it on. After the food is ground up, it falls through small holes onto a spinning plate where it is then washed down the drain.
- Batch Feed– Similar to using the continuous feed disposal, the only difference is the way it is turned on. You place a specific stopper on top and turn it. The stopper activates a switch and then it is then turned on.
- Dishwasher Garbage Disposals-These are found inside the actual dishwasher and are activated when the washer is on. It functions the same way a continuous feed disposal works.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
- Jamming– If you can turn the unit on, and its humming but nothing is actually being ground, more than likely a small particle has lodged itself between the blades causing it to stop spinning. Sometimes it is caused by bits of plastic or broken glass that accidentally fell down the drain,
- Overheating– If you turn the unit on and nothing happens as all, it is probably over heated. This is caused when the disposal has been over filled and it trips itself off. It might be as easy as pushing a button.
- Motor Issues– Depending on how old the unit is and how often it is used, the motor might be on its way out.
Garbage Disposal Repair Near You
If you notice a problem with your garbage disposal, don’t wait until it becomes a big one. Contact A1 Plumbing today for immediate assistance. In our almost 50 years of business, we have maintained, repaired, and replaced thousands of garbage disposals in the Jacksonville, area.
Garbage Disposal Repair Cost
Depending on the type of disposal in your home, it might just be a quick fix by unclogging the pipes or removing debris that has caused a jam. Repairs are relatively cheap. Replacing the entire unit can be a bit more expensive, but it will give you piece of mind knowing that you have a brand new unit. Contact A-1 Plumbing to find the best fit for you and your family.
Why Trust A-1 Plumbing?
24/7 Emergency Services</h4 >
At No Extra Charge To You
Fully Licensed and Insured</h4 >
You’re 100% Covered
Free Estimates On Everything</h4 >
Established in 1970</h4 >
Quality Service For Decades
A-1 Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration
Phone: (904) 475-0093
Address: 6141 Chester Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32217
Schedule Your Service Today »
Quality Plumbing services With A Smile.
Plumbing Financing Available »
Multiple options available. Get Approved Today.
As plumbers in Jacksonville, we have had the privilege of working with and helping some incredible people and businesses in our almost 5 decades of service.
Had a leak under our kitchen sink behind the cabinets. It unfortunately wasn’t a simple fix for us, so our landlord sent A-1 over and they had our leak fixed and cabinets repaired that afternoon. While we didn’t have to pay for it (renting) I’d suggest them to anyone.
Their tech James came out and this is the second Ac company I have called in the last 4 days. The first told me he could find nothing wrong. James actually took the time to listen to what I was telling him. He didn’t find too much issue with our ac other than the coils being disgusting. Even after he found that that was most likely our issue he still did a few more tests and found our vents were also causing an issue. He then went around the house and checked all the vents. He actually seemed as though he cares and didn’t try to tell us a thousand things were wrong when they really weren’t. I will recommend this company to anyone who needs their plumbing, heating or air conditioning fixed.
Very professional and prompt service!!! Extremely knowledgeable!! Highly recommend A1 for all your plumbing services!!!
Let Smiley Do It! Contact Us Today.
You can trust A-1 with your home and your business.